I have finished two rows of the "rings". I was getting bored, so I switched to doing one of the borders. I'm echoing the flower and the leaves, then using my BERNINA rulers to sew straight lines in the background. I love the way it looks, so old and antique, just the look I wanted. Not sure if I will have it finished by the wedding. I'm just going to keep working slowly and carefully. When it's done it's done. :).
Project #2- my dress. It's done, just needs to be hemmed. now I have to start the matching jacket.
My BERNINA 780 and foot #10- the edge stitch foot did a wonderful job on the facings. I'm going to add some machine embroidery to the jacket. Stay tuned for that.
Project #3- the clutch-
It's made from lace and trim from my mom's wedding dress and veil. Her dress had confetti inside the lace and lining, so I put it in my clutch. When I was a little girl I remember looking at her dress and seeing the confetti still inside it.
Project #4- I'm not sure about this one, but I want to make myself an old fashioned handkerchief
. I bought a piece of white fabric, kind of like a thin linen. Then I pulled out something I haven't used in a long time. The wing needle.
The wing needle is a needle you use for heirloom sewing. It punches holes into your fabric as you sew, creating a beautiful design. I wasn't sure what stitches to try, no worries there, I used the built in help guide on my 780, looked in the section on needles, and there was a whole write up on wing needles. It listed 3 stitches to try. I cut a small strip of my fabric, got some stitch and tear stabilizer
and off I went.
I tried the 3 stitches here, on my 780 it is stitch 701, 702 and 8. I'm going to cut a square of this fabric, narrow hem the edges, then use one of these stitches around all 4 sides of the handkerchief.
Maybe I will embroider the date on it.
I better get back to work, time's a ticking here.