Thursday, February 9, 2017

monster upstairs and a monster downstairs....

It's a snow day.... I got up early anyway, and got busy.  
Project 1.... Finished my block for the Pat Sloan Winter Solstice Challenge



I had fun, I love to do invisible machine appliqué.  If you have never done it, it is where you use fusible interfacing, stitch on a line, turn it inside out, press it down on your background and use a tiny blind hem stitch to attach it.  HUH?    Here is the link to the 
BERNINA has a whole series of "e books". on a variety of topics for sewing, quilting and embroidery.  You can print them out, or just download them on your devices.  I love these e books.  They show you which feet to use, how to set up your machine to get perfect results, and a lot of ideas on how to use this technique.  This is one of the many reasons I love my BERNINA, they are always there to support me in any project I do. As new projects come along, seems BERNINA keeps up with the times.   
That project was finished pretty quickly, so I pulled out the downstairs monster.... the double wedding ring quilt.  



Today I worked on the bias vines around the edge.  I used a scallop ruler to place the vines, then used my invisible machine appliqué stitch to attach the vine.   I made it from the bottom of the quilt to almost the end of the second long side.  I can see the end coming.  Now I will use the same stitch to appliqué the flowers and leaves on the vine.   I'm hoping by the end of February to have the appliqué border all done!  It's slow stitching, but I want this quilt to be an heirloom, so it's worth the time. Stay safe in the snow everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment